#UNLOCK THE MISTERIES OF LIFE

#UNLOCK THE MISTERIES OF LIFE

Thursday 15 October 2015

UIVERSITY FANTASY VS REALITY OF UNIVERSITIES

Many of us before enrolling to higher institution we had a picture that it was a "Dream place"
1. Where you meet many friends
2. Had the opportunity and Freedom to do everything your heart desired
3. Having loads of money
4. Wake up late because classes later compared to high school and take a hot shower
5.I thought that I will always have my free time.
6. Have my space (room)
7. Or better like in movies eat, get late into a class room and answer my phone during a lecture

hahhhahah the worst part was that I thought that I would get in class eat during lectures or answer my phone during lectures just like in movies......

However coming to University it was so unfortunate that non of my expectations were real.

This was the truth about University

1. Yes! you do meet many friends but everyone is there with a different objective from yours so you must be careful who you associate yourself with because there is no mommy if you don't know what you are here for every direction will take you to your success.
Reality is no one says No to your idea, you say you skipping class your friend says Yes that Lecture is boring
Yes let us go out
It is really important that you choose your friends carefully because of the friends here they never say No.

2. Yes you do have a little freedom to do what you want but at the residence I am leaving at, you only are allowed to sign a visitor until 23:00 weekday and 00:00 during the weekend
Sleepovers are not allowed
We have securities, house comms and RSA it is like 3 governing bodies that is watching over us
No alcohol is allowed and you must not be too loud

3.There is no such at least not in my family, I only get my monthly allowance ones unless there is some school work urgent then my mom entertains that financial problem either than that No I have to survive with my monthly allowance for 30 days every month

Bare in mind that I must buy groceries, toiletries, printing bytes and just 10% for entertainment

4.If you are lucky enough that your class starts early you must wake up early for a shower if you want a hot shower or else you wake late then warm water is finished.
You have to share a shower with like 4 people in my residence in other residence is like the whole block which is about 12 students have to share a shower

5. There is hardly free time here, you always have some school work to do but again is all about your choices if you decide to ignore it, no one will push you but I promise you that you will fail
Sometimes due to the pressure you end up calling your mom crying and wanting to go back home
Time management is important that is the only key to your time

6. You must forget about living in a single room in my residence because it is expensive and only seniors live in it, as long as you are an undergraduate then you must share with someone

7. Hell No honey this is a higher learning institution which means that there are ethics governing this place and their are grooming you so that doesn't happen, you come in late they kick you out of the class and eating and answering your phone is not tolerated unless you eat snacks

Please my high school friends stop having that false fantasy about University this is the Reality of your fairy-tale about Universities.

Above all this what I like about these place is that it grooms you to be independent and it also teaches you to make better choices about who you associate yourself with

If you don't know why you are here, believe you me all roads will take you.

If you are confused about why you are here you will spend 7 years doing your diploma, while your mates spend 7 years for their phd's


No comments:

Post a Comment